Bergbau Quarry Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bergbau Quarry Pack

Pack site for the Bergbau Quarry Pack of WolfQuest.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» List of past Pack Member of the Months
Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm by Jewelz

» Going EFA!!
Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 pm by Jewelz

» Seera, the Odd One
Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:45 pm by Jewelz

» Top Poster of the Month - Monthly Contest
Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm by Jewelz

RP Details
Time:

Season:
Autumn
Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
ASPBIWWP

Güte - A short story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jewelz
Admin
Jewelz

Canid age : 4 years

Güte - A short story Empty
PostSubject: Güte - A short story   Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 am

Quote :
I personally hate my writing style. But anyway, here's this short story homework thing I had to do. The task was to write about an event that happened in the Holocaust. I chose Kristallnacht, and they never said that I couldn't write from the point of view of a dog. (I've already posted this on another pack's forum, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well)
Güte
quality, kindness, benevolence, charity, fineness,
goodness.

The high-pitched sound of small, flat-bottomed nails tapping along hard tiles followed Güte as he paced up and down the aisles of the small corner store. He held his ears back and tail between his legs to form a worried expression as his sight darted about his surroundings, constantly checking every nook and cranny, anxious to see if anything was changing. He could hear the faint, yet obvious echo of something happening down the street, the cause of the dog’s angst.
The sound of things smashing and breaking was slowly making its way towards Güte’s position in the street. The Hanover Hound looked up to the clock on the wall. The bigger hand was pointing straight up, while the smaller one was a bit to the left of it. He wasn’t normally awake at this odd hour, and so took it to be the middle of the night. The noises began growing louder as they neared the shopfront; why weren’t his owners awake yet? Couldn’t they hear what was going on outside? Güte had begun to walk back to his bed, located behind the store counter, when his ears picked up on the distressing sound of shouting and a muffled, yet loud scream, which caused the hound to hurriedly run to the shop window in both curiosity and fear. Looking out of the window, the canine couldn’t see what the situation was like, however the thick, almost black smoke in the sky, was instantly recognised by Güte as being a part of a bad situation.
Highly alarmed by what he could see and hear, Güte furiously scratched at the glass, while attempting to bark at the countless, rioting civilians, who were now doing damage across the street. His masters must be alerted of the situation at once! The hound pushed away from the glass window and sprinted to the back of the store, more specifically towards the door that lead to the home above. However, only once Güte reached the wooden door, did he realise that it was shut. His body was neither big nor strong enough to break down the door, meaning that his only option was to hit and bark at the door, and just pray that his family heard his panicked warning, because just at that moment, things began to turn horribly sour.
What seemed to be a gang of some of the citizens of this once quiet neighbourhood shattered the glass of the store’s main window before recklessly clambering into the small shop. They wielded basic weapons, but the peoples’ strength, along with their blind hate, turned them into those of mass destruction. A few men began to ransack the building, obviously not concerned of how their actions were definitely going to be affecting others. Güte had nowhere to hide. The hound scurried along the walls of the shop, keeping to the shadows to avoid being seen as best as he could. As the men moved further into the building, Güte saw his chance. With a considerable leap for his size, the dog moved, away from his position against the wall, towards the gaping hole in the shopfront that was the broken window.
For a few brief moments, the canine was forced to scramble along the scattered, shattered glass that covered the floor. However, he managed to gather himself up quickly enough to take another big jump, casting himself out of the store and onto the street. Güte’s eyes widened as he took in his new surroundings. He had never seen anything like this before, and had a hard time figuring out exactly what was going on. His moment of wonder was cut short as he was kicked in the ribs by one of the rioters. The dog whimpered in response to the pain, before being forced to make the decision to run as he was briefly chased down the street by the same human that had chosen to injure him.
Güte kept running.
He didn’t want to look back, but he did so regardless. He just had to know if his family was going to be alright. As he turned, his gaze was met by darkness. Not only the blackness of the night, but also that of the thick smoke that hung in the air, made it almost impossible to see where he had been, and where he was going. Something had been burned down, and only as he kept moving forward did he see that it was a building, a special one in fact, judging by how his owners had treated it in the past. Why it was special, however, was something that he’d never have the chance to find out.
All the canine could hear were sounds of the horror that was being unleashed upon the streets. Yells, screams, tears, and destruction. He could hear the sounds of panicking animals too, which caused him to release yet another whimper of pain and sorrow. The whimper, in turn, caused the dog to cough as a result of the amount of unclean air he was inhaling. Güte had to escape the disaster as soon as he could, before he suffered any more damage to himself. The only thing he could do was run, so Güte kept running.
And Güte left both the city, and its people behind.

Last edited by Jewelz on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sambhur.deviantart.com/
Thunder

Thunder

Canid age : 5

PostSubject: Re: Güte - A short story   Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:02 pm

I've read this a few times now, and I really do feel sorry Güte, I mean bless him. I love how you use the dogs misunderstanding to make the readers understand what's going on. Personally I like your writing style Jewelz and may not count much from me but I think this short story.
Back to top Go down
Jewelz
Admin
Jewelz

Canid age : 4 years

PostSubject: Re: Güte - A short story   Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks, Thunder. That's great to hear! (:
Back to top Go down
http://sambhur.deviantart.com/
Reingriffus

Canid age : A lot.

PostSubject: Re: Güte - A short story   Güte - A short story I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:43 am

Not as interesting as my conversation with Cleverbot, but really good. Great job Jelz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Güte - A short story   Güte - A short story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Güte - A short story
Page 1 of 1