Bergbau Quarry Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bergbau Quarry Pack

Pack site for the Bergbau Quarry Pack of WolfQuest.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» List of past Pack Member of the Months
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm by Jewelz

» Going EFA!!
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 pm by Jewelz

» Seera, the Odd One
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:45 pm by Jewelz

» Top Poster of the Month - Monthly Contest
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 pm by Jewelz

RP Details
Time:

Season:
Autumn
Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
ASPBIWWP

Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?

Go down 
3 posters

I would like posting order to be:
Optional for roleplay topics
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_lcap20%Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Mandatory for all roleplay topics
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_lcap20%Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Not an option for roleplay topics
Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_lcap60%Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Kipp
Member that has left

Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? Empty
PostSubject: Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?   Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:53 am

I have a suggestion for the roleplay.

Many serious roleplaying sites utilize a posting order. It means exactly what it sounds like: users must post in the same order throuought the roleplay.

For example, person A starts the topic. Person B is the next person to post. Who posts next? Person A. Then person B would post.

If another person, person C, joins the fun after person A's post, then the order would become Person A, Person C, Person B. Makes sense, right? Wherever you start posting become your place in the order.

Posting orders are great for people who cannot come online more than once a day. It ensures that no one falls behind in the roleplay and is left out. In the past, I have seen WQ packs lose great members when they feel they couldn't keep pace with the rest of the group.

It could be a totally optional thing, or mandatory. Vote in the poll!
Back to top Go down
Jewelz
Admin
Jewelz

Canid age : 4 years

PostSubject: Re: Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?   Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 am

I'm not quite sure about this idea. It kind of already happens in the RP, although I wouldn't want it to be mandatory. Personally, I believe that leaving the RP the way it is for now is best.
Back to top Go down
http://sambhur.deviantart.com/
Danielle

Danielle

Canid age : 3 years

PostSubject: Re: Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?   Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 am

To be honest, I think our role-play system is fine the way it is. If you were going in a posting order, for example, and one of the users fell inactive without notice what would you do? You'd be stuck there for a couple of days waiting; so I agree with Jewelz that leaving it how it is would currently be the wisest option.
Back to top Go down
Kipp
Member that has left

PostSubject: Re: Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?   Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Ok, I can respect your guys' views. Just thought I would put it out there and see what the general opinion was Smile .

You bring up a good counter Danielle (which happens to be my real life name cheers !). I suppose in the scenario of the average WQ pack, that is a real issue. I suppose what you would do is just remove that person from the order. The issue is less signifigant when there is liquid time and multiple topics availible to roleplay in. All of my suggestions were related ^^;!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?   Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting orders: optional, mandatory or neither?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bergbau Quarry Pack :: Pack Things :: Suggestions-
Jump to: